Integrated Threat Management
It seems that every time we open the paper or surf the Internet, we are finding stories of threats facing our world today. Ransomeware attacks, hacking, identity theft, malware, spyware, viruses, worms, hardware vulnerabilities, data loss, etc. The list goes on and on. There is no single solution that can protect your company from all of these threats. What is need is a comprehensive analysis of your infrastructure and a multi-tiered approach, from firewall to endpoint. Ask yourself these questions:
- How strong is my firewall?
- Are all of network equipment fully patched?
- What are the points of entry into my company?
- What policies and procedures do I have in place to reduce my risk?
- How are my backups?
- Am I using a multi-tier backup solutions (i.e. onsite and offsite)?
- What is my company password policy?
- Are my computers fully patched?
- Do all my computers have anti-virus and is it current?
- Are we using wireless?
- How physical secure is my data?
- How often do you train your staff?
The list of questions goes on and on. With all the regulations for business, it is getting harder and harder to keep up with compliance. Does your business need be concerned about HIPPA? FCRA? ECPA? Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act? Violations of any of these acts, whether willfully or by accident, can result in tens of thousands of dollars in fines and penalties. Don’t let your company be caught unprepared. Let us off to look over your security plan, offer suggestions and do what we can to reduce you risk factors and have a plan in place in case of catastrophe.
“Passwords are like underwear; don’t let people see it, change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers.” – Chris Pirillo, Tech Expert